Naturalization & Citizenship
The United States is a nation of immigrants. Becoming a U.S. citizen bestows important rights and privileges, and WSM is happy to make the naturalization application process as smooth as possible.
WSM has vast experience assisting permanent residents to obtain citizenship, including:
- Professionals who were sponsored by their employers for permanent residence;
- Individuals who immigrated via family members;
- Children and grandchildren born overseas or in Canada or Mexico whose parent or parents or grandparents were U.S. citizens;
- Asylees and refugees; and
- Field workers who gained permanent residence through the Special Agricultural Workers program.
We have aided lawful permanent residents with criminal convictions, those who were too elderly and disabled to pass the test of U.S. history and government, as well as those who had no real issues in their case but felt more comfortable having an attorney to prepare the application and represent them at the required interview. By filing carefully evaluated and well-prepared applications for naturalization, we have assisted our clients in keeping the application on track and in overcoming immigration obstacles such as allegedly false testimony, criminal convictions and language difficulties.
WSM also possesses expertise in derivative citizenship cases. By digging back into family and government records, our clients have been able to successfully document their claim to citizenship and effectively present the necessary evidence to the appropriate U.S. government authorities.
Our representation consists of the following:
- Thorough up front evaluation of the case and advice regarding chances of success;
- Preparation of the naturalization or derivative citizenship application, including all related forms and supporting documents;
- Comprehensive advice on what will occur in advance of the interview and ensuring our clients are well prepared; and
- Attending the immigration interview.
Assisting a client in becoming a United States citizen is in many ways the most rewarding immigration service that we provide. The pride and power that a client feels upon obtaining U.S. citizenship at the end of many years of hard work brings us immense satisfaction.
News Alert Signup