(415) 395-9331 ext. 324
From Perrin's interview for the Masters of Immigration Law series on ReelLawyers.com
For Ms. Ozdemir, the practice of immigration law is like a mosaic made up of all her passions in life: family (she is the daughter of an immigrant), travel and all things international, meaningful people-centric work and solving puzzles. She and her husband, both attorneys and Bay Area natives, live in Silicon Valley with their three young children.
Ms. Ozdemir has experience working with corporations, not-for-profit organizations and universities to attain H, L, O, TN and E-3 nonimmigrant visas for foreign-national employees and their dependents. She also handles all stages of the Green Card process, including PERMs, I-140s (EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3), and Adjustment of Status petitions. And she strategizes on and manages simple and complex RFE responses. She assists a broad range of clients, from start-ups to large multinational corporations in industries as diverse as high-tech, advertising, insurance, engineering and financial services. Previously a litigator with an emphasis on employment law, Ms. Ozdemir now parlays her skills with story-crafting, legal and factual analysis and advocacy into immigration successes for clients.
Education: UC Davis, B.A., Psychology & French, 2005. University of San Francisco School of Law, J.D., 2009. Managing Editor, Journal of Law and Social Challenges.
Professional Memberships: California Bar Member; American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); Bar Association of San Francisco.
- 2021: "Fiscal Year 2022 H-1B Registration & Lottery," February WSM Webinar.
- 2020: "What You Should Know About STEM OPT," July WSM Webinar.
- 2019: "L-1 Visas," September WSM Webinar; "F-1 STEM OPT Employer Obligations," August WSM Webinar; "Travel and Visa Requirements," May WSM Webinar.
- 2018: "International Travel Considerations for Your Foreign National Employee," July WSM Webinar; "U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Options Beyond the H-1B," May WSM Webinar; "L-1 Visa," February WSM Webinar.
- 2017: "L-1 Visa," May WSM Webinar.
Languages: French. Conversational Spanish.