Tiffany Hill Speaks at Annual (Virtual) AILA Conference on Impact of Skilled Worker Rule
July 1, 2020
Weaver Schlenger partner Tiffany Hill will speak as part of a prerecorded panel for the Annual Conference of the American Immigration Lawyers’ Association (AILA). This year due to COVID-19 considerations, the Annual Conference will be held virtually from July 20 to 24, with several panels being prerecorded and released a week before.
Ms. Hill will be the discussion leader on a panel of immigration experts who will discuss the impact of the Skilled Worker Rule, which went into effect on January 17, 2017 (3 days before President Trump was sworn in) and codified many of the USCIS practices and guidance relating to employment-based immigration.
The panel will discuss:
- Grace Periods for nonimmigrant visa holders following termination of employment and prior to commencement of employment
- H-1B Portability, including successive petitions
- EAD issues, including automatic extensions and special cases
- H-1B Cap Exemption for entities related to or affiliated with institutions of higher learning
- AOS Portability and I-140 Priority Date Retention
- Ways to leverage the Skilled Worker Rule during this COVID-19 era of layoffs and furloughs
Read more about Tiffany Hill here.