Weaver Schlenger LLP Webinar: Developing Immigration Policies
June 28, 2019
Whether you employ one or hundreds of foreign national employees, it is best to have written policies in place to address questions from your candidate(s), hiring managers, and government auditors. Policies will provide consistency and predictability for employees, and protection and guidance for the employer.
In this webinar, Weaver Schlenger draws upon our extensive experience representing a broad spectrum of U.S. employers to discuss many important policy topics, including:
- Ad-hoc versus formal Policies
- Centralized versus de-centralized decisions
- How many attempts at H-1B lottery?
- Costs of travel and family members
- When to start permanent residence
- Who pays for premium processing?
- Sharing costs when multiple strategies are pursued
- Chain of command in case of government audit
- Document retention
- Withdrawal of H-1Bs and best practices following termination
This webinar is geared toward in-house lawyers and professionals in human resources, recruiting and staffing, who are responsible for the immigration function within their organizations.
This program has been approved for 1 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program has also been approved for CA MCLE credit (1 hour) by the State Bar of California.
News Alert Signup