WSM Webinar: Developing Immigration Policies
May 20, 2016
Your company may hire one or hundreds of foreign national employees. You may embrace ad hoc decisions to loose guidelines to stringent rules. Whichever your preference, any policies should further the company’s larger mission, promote a culture that complies with U.S. immigration laws, and develop strategies to make those laws work most effectively for your company.
In this webinar, WSM draws upon our extensive experience representing a broad spectrum of U.S. employers to discuss many important policy topics, including:
- Ad-hoc versus formal Policies
- Centralized versus de-centralized decisions
- Employer- versus employee-driven decisions
- Sharing costs when multiple strategies are pursued
- Chain of command
- Document retention
- Withdrawal of H-1Bs and other petitions following termination
- Costs of travel and family members
- When to start permanent residence
This webinar is geared toward in-house lawyers and professionals in human resources, recruiting and staffing, who are responsible for the immigration function within their organizations.
This program has been approved for 1 (General) recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
This program has also been approved for CA MCLE credit (1 hour) by the State Bar of California.
News Alert Signup