Flora Houn Hoffman
(415) 395-9331 ext. 308
Ms. Hoffman merged her passions of travel and well-crafted stories to forge a career in business immigration. She thrives on giving voice to each client’s professional and personal history. Her own immigration story includes parents who came to the U.S. from China on student visas. Ms. Hoffman recalls fondly receiving a hand written note of appreciation from the CEO of a Fortune 100 company during her first year as an attorney. She realized the impact she could make on helping the U.S. retain the world’s top talent.
Ms. Hoffman specializes in nonimmigrant visa and permanent resident strategies and has had particular success in obtaining EB1 green cards for researchers and individuals of extraordinary ability. She has extensive experience advising companies on the intricacies of business immigration law. Prior to joining Weaver Schlenger Mazel LLP, Ms. Hoffman was a managing partner with an international immigration firm, where she worked with Fortune 500 companies and startups to establish, maintain and improve immigration policies and procedures. Ms. Hoffman provides in-depth immigration law training to human resource and legal professionals.
Education: Harvard University, A.B. English and American Literature and Language, 1987. University of CA Berkeley Law School, J.D., 1992. Associate Editor, CA Law Review.
Professional Memberships: CA Bar Member; American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- 2020: "U.S. Non-Immigrant Visa Options (the H-1B and Beyond)," March WSM Webinar.
- 2019: "Business Immigration Updates," October WSM Webinar; “Nonimmigrant Visa Options," March WSM Webinar; "The H-1B Visa Lottery," January WSM Webinar.
- 2018: "How to Pan for Business Immigration in 2019," December WSM Webinar; "Sponsoring Employees for Green Cards: Everything You Need to Know,” September WSM Webinar; "PERM Labor Certification,” June WSM Webinar; "Immigration Compliance, including Site Visits and I-9 Best Practices,” April WSM Webinar; “Developing Immigration Polices,” February WSM Webinar; "Getting Ready for H-1B Cap Season,” January WSM Webinar.
- 2017: “Travel and Visa Requirements,” December WSM Webinar; “Sponsoring Employees for Green Cards,” November WSM Webinar; “BAHA, Preparing for Site Visits & Mastering Immigration Compliance,” September WSM Webinar; “PERM Labor Certification Overview,” July WSM Webinar; “Business Immigration Outlook and How to Prepare," June WSM Webinar; "L-1 Visa,” May WSM Webinar; “Sponsoring Employees for Green Cards,” April WSM Webinar; “NIV Options,” March WSM Webinar.
- 2016: "Sponsoring Employees for Green Cards: Everything You Need to Know," December WSM Webinar; "Immigration Consequences of Changes in Employment," November WSM Webinar; "Developing Immigration Policies Tips for Employers," May WSM Webinar; "U.S. Nonimmigrant Visa Options Beyond the H-1B," March WSM Webinar; " PERM Labor Certification An Overview," February WSM Webinar; "Getting Ready for H-1B Cap Season," January WSM Webinar.
- 2015: “Getting Ready for H-1B Cap Season,” January WSM Webinar.
Publications: “Start H-1B Visa Planning for 2014” in SmartRecruiters BLOG, December 10, 2013.