(415) 395-9331 ext. 309
From Tiffany's interview for the Masters of Immigration Law series on ReelLawyers.com
A second generation immigration attorney, Ms. Hill grew up spending afternoons in her father's immigration law office. However, it was her experience as a U.S. State Department intern with the Consular Section in Manila, Philippines, that inspired her to pursue an immigration law practice herself. She was moved by the challenges visa applicants faced, particularly at a high volume, high fraud post, and was intellectually drawn to supporting clients in navigating our complex immigration process. Ms. Hill is a New Jersey native who relocated to the Bay Area in 2007. She currently lives in San Francisco with her husband and daughter.
Ms. Hill represents fast-growing, mid-size corporate clients counseling them on how to establish competitive programs and scalable systems. Her practice covers both U.S. nonimmigrant (H-1B, L-1, TN, E-3, H-1B1) and immigrant (PERM, I-140 EB-1/EB-2/EB-3, AOS) petitions. Ms. Hill has helped her clients develop business traveler compliance tools and batch recruitment programs for PERM labor certification. She has also managed I-9 self-audits and electronic conversion projects from paper I-9s. She has worked with her clients' HR, Legal, and Finance teams to complete M&A due diligence, onboard employees, and forecast/monitor immigration budgets. Ms. Hill has been recognized by The International Who's Who of Corporate Immigration Lawyers 2013 to present.
Education: Cornell University, B.A. Government, cum laude, 2001; University of Maryland School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2004.
Professional Memberships: New Jersey and New York Bar Member; American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA); Events Coordinator (former), AILA Northern California Chapter; Co-Liaison to the San Francisco U.S. Customs & Border Protection (CBP), AILA Northern California Chapter;
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- 2020: Discussion Leader, “Impact of the Skilled Worker Rule” panel at AILA Annual Conference (virtual)
- 2020: "Fiscal Year H-1B Lottery Season and the New Registration Process," February WSM Webinar.
- 2018: Speaker, "2018 AILA Annual Conference on Immigration Law," June; “Immigration Consequences of Corporate Reorganization,” AILA Panel, May.
- 2017: “Immigration Consequences of Changes in Employment or Corporate Reorganization,” October WSM Webinar; “Top Questions Asked by New Business Immigration Practitioners,” AILA Webinar, February; “President Trump’s 1/27/2017 Executive Order,” February WSM Webinar.
- 2016: “Visa Options,” International Business Advisors, August.
- 2015: “Global Mobility- Transfers Inbound to the U.S. and Outbound to Europe,” December WSM Webinar.
Publications: "Permanent Portability Returns to the 4th Circuit: What is Next for Perez-Vargas," with Rómulo E. Guevara, Esq., ILW.COM, March 2007; "USCIS Adopted Decisions: Latest USCIS Efforts to Establish Uniform Policy," with Rómulo E. Guevara, Esq., ILW.COM, November 2005.