Entry Level Paralegal
We are recruiting for entry-level paralegals. We seek smart, self-motivated individuals with a passion for our country’s immigrant values. An ideal candidate will possess strong written and communication skills, be adept with technology, be extremely organized, and work for at least 2 years with our firm, gaining valuable experience before entering law school or other graduate school.
Under the supervision of attorneys:
- Assist small to mid-sized, fast-growing employers who hire foreign national employees apply for non-immigrant (temporary) work visas and/or permanent resident status (H-1Bs, TNs, L-1s, E-3s, PERM, I-140s, etc.)
- Prepare and file well-documented, well-presented immigration petitions.
- Conduct research and write technical, detailed support letters in support of immigration filings. [Use of the English language and proper grammar must be of the highest quality.]
- Draft and file DHS/USCIS/DOL applications and forms, supporting documents, and cover letters.
- Communicate with HR, employees, and family members to gather and obtain the needed materials.
- Use and devise checklists for documents and supporting materials required in particular applications.
- Follow-up on inquiries with client and various government agencies as needed.
- Respond to client calls and inquiries as directed by attorneys.
- Other duties as specified by attorneys.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is required. Our ideal candidate is experienced, professional, smart, a self-starter, hardworking, achievement/detail-oriented, reliable, an excellent multi-tasker, a team player, with a flexible mindset and exceptional analytical, writing, time/case-management, and people/customer service skills and expertise. Looking for candidates who can give a 2 year minimum commitment.
Great co-workers! Compensation is commensurate with experience based on a 40-hour work week and benefits include medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k plan, paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays, and eligibility for a discretionary bonus.
How to Apply
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in the immigration law field to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins for this position.