Associate Attorney Position
We are looking for an experienced Associate Attorney to join our fast-paced and welcoming boutique business immigration law firm that prizes excellence, continuous learning and broad expertise in immigration law. Our attorneys work on both nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions because we believe this comprehensive knowledge is critical to providing sound legal advice. Responsibilities include managing a diverse caseload of Hs, Ls, TNs, Os, ORs, PERMs, I-140s and AOS for a variety of clients; training and overseeing the work of paralegals and support staff; managing growing corporate client accounts; participating in aspects of firm management as well as business development. We seek an experienced business immigration attorney who is intellectually curious, adept at handling a high case volume, and skilled at promptly distilling complex legal concepts into clear, understandable and practical advice.
At Weaver Schlenger LLP, we take our firm values seriously and we are looking for an Associate Attorney who shares these values. Candidates for this position should prioritize equity, respect, justice, and accountability; be committed to a collaborative work culture as all people and identities belong at Weaver Schlenger. We are creating a workspace that inspires boldness and courage. We welcome individuality in our working environment.
- Handle high case volume, including the preparation of well documented, accurate, and approvable nonimmigrant visa and permanent residency filings;
- Strategize with various and diverse employers on nonimmigrant and immigrant visa options for employees, which includes counseling on best practices and educating the managers/recruiters who are involved in the immigration process;
- Oversee and send prompt, accurate, and easily understandable responses to clients on both legal and practical case questions; and
- Manage multiple fast-growing corporate client accounts – which consists of training both at Weaver Schlenger and at client sites, to providing reports and counsel on all aspects of the client’s immigration function.
Required Education & Experience
- JD from an accredited institution
- State Bar Admission and at least 1-3 years of business immigration experience in a similar role;
- Direct, hands on experience on various NIV and IV petitions, including PERM;
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in legal work and client service;
- A positive attitude and passionate about serving the immigration community.
At Weaver Schlenger we have a hybrid work model with a combination of working from home and in-office work. We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive salaries and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k plan, paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays, and eligibility for a discretionary bonus.
To apply for this position send a resume, writing sample, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no calls or walk-ins.
News Alert Signup