Immigration Consequences of Working at Home, Layoffs, Reductions in Pay and Reductions in Hours
Date: Friday, April 17, 2020
Time: 9:00 to 10:00 am PT
We will be holding a free webinar on Friday, April 17, 2020 at 9:00 am to discuss employer considerations relating to COVID-19 decisions to change the terms of employment of nonimmigrants, including:
- What must an employer do when all employees work from home (ie, the worksite of the nonimmigrant employee is different than before) to stay in compliance?
- What are the employer’s immigration obligations if they lay off a nonimmigrant worker (H-1B, L-1, TN, F-1 STEM OPT, etc.)?
- Even if a nonimmigrant employee is not laid off, do other layoffs at the employer impact this person?
- What happens if the employer reduces the number of hours worked of a nonimmigrant employee?
- What happens if the employer institutes a temporary salary reduction for all employees, including nonimmigrant workers?
- What are the employee’s obligations, if any?
This webinar is geared toward in-house lawyers and professionals in human resources, recruiting and staffing, who are responsible for the immigration function within their organizations.
News Alert Signup