Visa Bulletin May 2016
April 21, 2016
The Department of State just released its monthly Visa Bulletin listing the two categories for “Application Final Action Dates,” and “Dates for Filing Applications.” Employees must wait until the USCIS validates the Dates for Filing Applications and check the USCIS website in the next few days before relying on that second category. In the last few months, the USCIS has accepted for filing only the cases with priority dates listed in the Application Final Action Dates.
The May Visa Bulletin shows some advancement in the Application Final Action Dates category for India EB-2 and EB-3 nationals, and no movement in the Dates for Filing Applications category for all countries.
First Cut-Off Date Category for Employment-Based Preference Cases
“Application Final Action Dates”
- all still “CURRENT”
- All others – still “CURRENT”
- China – no change at September 1, 2012
- India – advances 14 days to November 22, 2008
- Mexico – still “CURRENT”
- Philippines – still “CURRENT”
- All others – no change at February 15, 2016
- China – no change at August 15, 2013
- India – advances 1 month to September 1, 2004
- Mexico – no change at February 15, 2016
- Philippines – advances 3 months to August 8, 2008
Second (New) Cut-off EARLY Date Category for Employment-Based Cases
No change from April.
News Alert Signup