Upcoming Immigration and Tax Seminar May 9 in SF
April 12, 2013
Just in time for Congressional Immigration Reform and on the heels of tax season, this seminar on May 9 in downtown San Francisco is not to be missed. WSM Partner Kirsten Schlenger, with other tax and immigration experts will provide HR and Legal professionals with the latest developments and best practice tips for US laws relating to employees coming to the US, currently in the US, or leaving the US.
Areas to be covered:
• tax definitions of residency/long term vs. short term stays and their effect on tax obligations
• individual tax return compliance
• expatriate tax requirements
• visa requirements depending on purpose of visit to the US
• pathways to achieve permanent residence status
• and maintaining permanent residence during expatriate assignments
Kirsten Schlenger, Business Immigration Attorney
Jenny C. Lin, International Tax Attorney
Carole "Jodi" Trent, Director, Expatriate Services at KS & Co
Angela Warren, San Francisco Immigration Attorney
This program has been approved for CA MCLE credit (2.00 hours) by the State Bar of California.
This program has also been approved for 2.00 (General) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
For more information or to register, go here.