April 9, 2018
Weaver Schlenger LLP is a fast-paced and friendly boutique law firm – located in San Francisco’s financial district – with a focus on business immigration. We are known for providing excellent and proactive legal analysis and service to our clients. Our clients are diverse, our staff is diverse and our expertise is comprehensive.
We are recruiting for a Paralegal who has 2 years of experience preparing and filing business immigration cases, such as PERM, H-1Bs, TNs, L-1s, E-3s, etc.
Under the supervision of attorneys and a senior manager:
- Assist small to mid-sized, fast-growing employers who hire foreign national employees apply for the work visas and/or permanent resident applications.
- Prepare and file well-documented, well-presented immigration petitions.
- Conduct research and write technical, detailed support letters in support of immigration filings. [Use of the English language and proper grammar must be of the highest quality.]
- Draft and file DHS/USCIS/DOL applications and forms, supporting documents, and cover letters.
- Communicate with HR, employees, and family members to gather and obtain the needed materials.
- Use and devise checklists for documents and supporting materials required in particular applications.
- Follow-up on inquiries with client and various government agencies as needed.
- Respond to client calls and inquiries as directed by attorneys.
- Other duties as specified by attorneys.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is required, and preferably 2 years of business immigration experience, specifically with non-immigrant visa cases. Our ideal candidate is experienced, professional, smart, a self-starter, hardworking, achievement/detail-oriented, reliable, an excellent multi-tasker, a team player, with a flexible mindset and exceptional analytical, writing, time/case-management, and people/customer service skills and expertise.
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter along with your desired salary range to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins for this position. Compensation is commensurate with experience based on a 40-hour work week and benefits include medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k plan, paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays, and eligibility for a discretionary bonus.