Weaver Schlenger LLP is a fast-paced and friendly boutique law firm – located in San Francisco’s financial district – with a focus on business immigration. We are known for providing excellent and proactive legal analysis and service to our clients. Our clients are diverse, our staff is diverse and our expertise is comprehensive. We believe our differences make us stronger and everyone is equitably entitled to respect, dignity and freedom. We seek smart, self-motivated individuals with a passion for our country’s immigrant values.
We are recruiting for a Legal Assistant. We seek individuals who are interested in our area of expertise - business immigration law - and who desire experience in a professional services or law firm environment. We are seeking someone willing to give a 2 year commitment to becoming trained and contributing to the firm.
This is NOT a remote position; in-office presence is required. Our office is in San Francisco; no relocation reimbursement.
- Update client information in Firm’s case management database system
- Open, log, and save case-related documents into case management system using naming protocols
- Run reports and review for missing information, upcoming expiration dates and other important information (using Excel)
- Place telephone and email inquiries with government agencies
- Prepare correspondence to government agencies based on templates
- Assist with discreet billing tasks, including coding and data entry of costs in our billing system
- Provide guidance to clients on travel and change of address requirements
- Provide marketing support, including Powerpoint presentations and data graphics
- Provide administrative support, as needed, including but not limited to reception assistance, copy/scan jobs, opening/closing files, training new admin support staff, daily mail drop-off, etc.
- Assemble legal petitions for filing with various government agencies, as needed
- Assist legal staff with editing and finalizing legal documents, and sending to clients and government agencies, as needed
- Miscellaneous office duties and projects
Education & Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate preferred, and at least 6 months of professional experience in an office setting (can be on-campus). An ideal candidate possesses attention to detail and strong communication skills, is adept with technology (Office suite and more) and extremely organized, has a flexible mindset, and is looking for a long term employment situation (minimum 2 years).
If interested, please email (subject line should be: Legal Assistant position) your resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in immigration law to firstname.lastname@example.org. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, life and disability insurance and eligibility for a discretionary bonus. Great co-workers!
News Alert Signup