Experienced Immigration Paralegals
July 31, 2019
Weaver Schlenger LLP is a fast-paced and friendly boutique law firm – located in San Francisco’s financial district – with a focus on business immigration. We are known for providing excellent and proactive legal analysis and service to our clients. Our clients are diverse, our staff is diverse and our expertise is comprehensive.
We are recruiting for Business Immigration Paralegals with experience in NIV and/or IV matters.
Under the supervision of attorneys:
- Assist mid-sized, fast-growing employers to apply for work visas and/or permanent resident applications (H-1Bs, TNs, L-1s, E-3s, O-1s, PERM, I-140s, etc.) on behalf of their foreign national employees.
- Prepare and file well-documented, well-presented immigration petitions.
- Conduct research and write technical, detailed letters in support of immigration filings. [Use of the English language and proper grammar must be of the highest quality.]
- Draft and file USCIS/DOL/DOS applications and forms, supporting documents, and cover letters.
- Communicate with HR, employees, and family members to gather and obtain the needed materials.
- Improve processes, templates and reporting features.
- Follow-up on inquiries with client and various government agencies as needed.
- Respond to client calls and inquiries as directed by attorneys.
- Other duties as specified by attorneys.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is required. Our ideal candidate possesses at least 2 years of experience and is professional, smart, a self-starter, hardworking, achievement/detail-oriented, reliable, an excellent multi-tasker, a team player, with a flexible mindset and exceptional analytical, writing, time/case-management, and people/customer service skills and expertise.
If interested, please e-mail your resume and cover letter along with your desired salary range to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins for this position. Compensation is commensurate with experience based on a 40-hour work week and benefits include medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k plan, paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays, and eligibility for discretionary bonuses.