Entry-Level Paralegal - Business Immigration
Weaver Schlenger LLP is a fast-paced and friendly boutique law firm – located in San Francisco’s financial district – with a focus on business immigration. We are known for providing excellent and proactive legal analysis and service to our clients. Our clients are diverse, our staff is diverse and our expertise is comprehensive. We believe our differences make us stronger and everyone is equitably entitled to respect, dignity and freedom.
We are recruiting for an entry-level paralegal. We seek smart, self-motivated individuals with a passion for our country’s immigrant values. We will provide training and mentorship! An ideal candidate will possess strong written and communication skills, be adept with technology, be extremely organized, and work for at least 2 years with our firm, gaining valuable experience before entering law school or other graduate school. Many employees choose to make a career with us as a paralegal.
This is NOT a remote position; some in-office presence is required. Our office is in San Francisco; no relocation reimbursement.
Under the supervision of attorneys and senior paralegals, we will train you to:
- Assist small to mid-sized, fast-growing employers who hire foreign national employees apply for non-immigrant (temporary) work visas and/or permanent resident status (H-1Bs, TNs, L-1s, E-3s, PERM, I-140s, etc.)
- Prepare and file well-documented, well-presented immigration petitions.
- Conduct research and write technical, detailed support letters in support of immigration filings.
- Draft and file DHS/USCIS/DOL applications and forms, supporting documents, and cover letters.
- Communicate with HR, employees, and family members to gather and obtain the needed materials.
- Use and devise checklists for documents and supporting materials required in particular applications.
- Follow-up on inquiries with client and various government agencies as needed.
- Respond to client calls and inquiries as directed by attorneys.
- Other duties as specified by attorneys.
Education & Experience
A bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate is required. Our ideal candidate is experienced, professional, smart, a self-starter, hardworking, achievement/detail-oriented, reliable, an excellent multi-tasker, a team player, with a flexible mindset and exceptional analytical, writing, time/case-management, and people/customer service skills and expertise. Looking for candidates who can give a 2 year minimum commitment.
Great co-workers! Salary is $24 to $29 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience based on a 40-hour work week and benefits include medical, dental, vision, commuter checks, 401k plan, paid time off, sick leave, paid holidays, and eligibility for a discretionary bonus.
How to Apply
If interested, please email cover letter explaining why you are interested in the immigration law field and your resume (subject line should say “Entry Level Paralegal”) to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls or walk-ins for this position.
News Alert Signup