Weaver Schlenger, LLP is a fast paced, friendly business immigration law firm. We are looking for a full-time Administrative Assistant who is an outgoing, intuitive, self-starter with an interest in immigration law. Applicants must be able to handle multiple priorities, be detail oriented, have strong customer service skills and good decision-making skills, and enjoy a fast paced and fun atmosphere.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Operations Manager of the firm and is a member of the Administrative team. This role is responsible for managing front desk activities and providing administrative support to the firm. As a member of the Administrative team, this role interfaces with all members of the firm.
Front Desk Operations
- Welcomes and greets visitors and guests.
- Serves as the Telephone System Administrator for the telephone system (no live receptionist) and maintains updated office directories.
- Monitors, handles, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail; signs for packages, drops off outbound mail.
- Coordinates and requests courier for local delivery services.
Prepares and drafts retainers and invoices; requests payments, processes credit card payments and incoming checks, handles receipt of payment(s).
- Maintains clean/tidy/stocked lobby and kitchen areas in the office.
- Interfaces with a variety of vendors for office supplies and general office maintenance.
- Orders office and kitchen supplies, and requests file retrievals.
- Handles filing documents and statements for client, corporate, and vendor files.
- Opens and creates files, conducts monthly file audits and yearly file shifts.
- Handles copy and scan jobs for petitions and legal documents as needed.
- Handles staff and attorney registrations for conferences, events, meetings, lunch arrangements, etc. Assists with staff scheduling, prepares materials for meetings, orders meals and catered lunches.
- Operates and maintains copier, printers, fax, and postage machines.
- Organizes and coordinates special functions like social events, office activities, and happy hours.
- Assists Operations Manager on emergency procedures, maintenance issues for general office repairs, and updates. Generates office-wide memos, reminders, and updates when needed.
- Creates, prepares and updates a variety of spreadsheets involving office supplies, purchases, file tracking, recycling e-waste, checks and payment docking.
- Assists the Billing Coordinator in a variety of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable tasks including drafting correspondence, applying and posting payments, depositing bank checks, billing initiations, editing and revising monthly bills, preparing and processing checks for vendors and petitions, updating confidential financial spreadsheets.
- Provides marketing administrative support, such as posting website updates and using Constant Contact to send email broadcasts. Assist with monthly webinar program, sending registration information and reminders.
- Maintains the Out of Office Calendar with daily and monthly updates on staff work schedules.
Education & Experience:
- Two (2) years of experience working in a business environment, including administrative support functions.
- Must have a high proficiency at handling multiple priorities and working effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires strong communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Requires expertise and experience using the Microsoft Suite.
- Must be punctual.
- Must be personable and comfortable interfacing with clients and the public.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls or walk-ins for this position.
Compensation: $16-$18/hour DOE, 40 hours/week, full benefits, 401k, paid time off (PTO)