Only Australian nationals may be eligible for the E-3 visa. The E-3 visa requirements are similar to those for the H-1B.
E-3 visas require a sponsoring company in the U.S. The E-3 employer must:
- Make a job offer for a specialty occupation, defined as a position where the normal minimum requirement for the job is at least a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a certain field.
- Obtain an approved Labor Condition Application (LCA) from the U.S. Department of Labor, consisting of:
- Required wage attestation
- Working conditions attestation
- No strike or lockout attestation
- Notice attestation
- Maintain public access files
The Australian national wishing to acquire E-3 status must:
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the required specific field
- Establish maintenance of authorized status since the last entry to the U.S. (for a change of employer, extension of status or change of status request)